Monday, July 25, 2011

Don Tan - Suan Pa Nabun and Wat Dan Kum Kam

Friday I set off on a trip to get some shampoo from this little health spa in Don Tan (about 30 km. south of Mukdahan). It had been raining for about 4 days solid a finally the sun came out and I needed some "pi tio time". I jumped on the trusty Kawi and took off enjoying the sunny weather.

Suan Pa Nabun
I had been to Suan Pa Nabun a couple of times before It is located 1.4 km south of where the divided highway ends at the south end of Don Tan.. The first time I went with my wife to buy some stuff for her friends in BKK. The place is a health spa that is famous all over Thailand. They promote health through eating a healthy (organic) diet and using healthy hygiene products as well. One of the cornerstones of their program is the use of cleansing enemas. The Suan Pa Nabun has several programs throughout the year that last for a week or so where people come to stay at the spa and get instruction on their health plan and to do their cleansing too. The first time I went i was surprised to see literally 50 bathrooms (with more under construction). It is not surprising though if there is a crowd of a couple hundred people taking enemas.

I got there at around 11:30 am and their little store was closed. The lady that ran it was up giving a class to the participants in the program. But everyone told me there was no shampoo or face soap to be had they had sold completely out. I was told I could talk to the lady in charge in about  a half hour but when I got back and talked to her still no love.... They did have a small bottle of bamboo shampoo from OTOP but it was not the magrud shampoo that I was hoping for. Ted wanted some aloe vera too, but no luck on that either. They would sell me an enema bottle or a t-shirt but I passed. I got the phone number and will give her a call next time before I go. I recommend their products highly and you never know maybe I will get up the nerve to take the week long course of organic food and enemas, or maybe not.
Contact: Mrs. Gim 089-553-7284 for more information.
Click on small images below for he big picture.

Suan Pa Nabun   Suan Pa Nabun   Suan Pa Nabun

Suan Pa Nabun   Suan Pa Nabun   Suan Pa Nabun

Suan Pa Nabun   Suan Pa Nabun   Suan Pa Nabun


Wat Dan Kum Kam
Remember I told you I had a little time to kill waiting for the lady to open her shop at the spa. Well, about a year ago I had been invited to go to Wat Dan Kum Kam for he dedication of the new sala complete with Nagas. The man that invited me was the one who made them. His name is Mr. Paa or Nui but he's Loong Paa to me. I have been friends with for years. He's a 75 year old contractor, garden designer and Buddha maker. He was asked by the forest wat in Don Tan to make the Nagas and s statue of a famous monk. Like I said I had been there about a year ago for the dedication but didn't take any pictures.

I went by there since it was really close. Its just another 1.4 km. south of Suan Pa Nabun. (a total of 2.8 km south of where the divided highway ends in Don Tan). The monks were most pleasant in allowing me to photograph the Nagas. They are really magnificent. and BIG. you can walk right under them. The statue of the famous monk is really great too. Loong Paa left Mukdahan for Ranong to build a big Buddha on one of the islands down there and might be gone for about 6 months or more. Hope he is working on his chess game while he's down there, cuz me and John will be ready for him.
Click on small images below for the big picture.

Wat Dan Kum Kam   Wat Dan Kum Kam   Wat Dan Kum Kam

Wat Dan Kum Kam   Wat Dan Kum Kam   Wat Dan Kum Kam

Wat Dan Kum Kam   Wat Dan Kum Kam   Wat Dan Kum Kam

Wat Dan Kum Kam   Wat Dan Kum Kam   Wat Dan Kum Kam

Wat Dan Kum Kam   Wat Dan Kum Kam


View Don Tan - Suan Pa Nabun and Wat Dan Kum Kam in a larger map
- Khun Rut

0 comments:

Post a Comment